Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beef BLT Burger

Last weekend, I was out to shop for some ground pork, I already had envisioned myself making meatballs or "bola-bola" (Philippine translation) which is one of my daughter's favorites. I am not sure if this has an etymology or if this word is truly Filipino but it sure does sound like it comes from the root word BALL. But really, that is besides the point of this post LOL sidetracked again! So I did find myself some ground meat and shopped for other household stuff and went home. I did find ground meat, alright! I was just so disheartened when I read the tag that said "GROUND BEEF". 
Don't you just hate it when things do go well as planned? A complete bummer! 
But this recipe served well for a different audience. My daughter is not much of a burger fan so my father got one of the burgers the other one I had to taste for myself. ;-) 
I didn't have any of those square cheese slices, so I had used cheese spread. It still is cheese!!!

Beef Burger Patties
3/4 ground beef
1/2 head of garlic, minced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
1/2 beef bullion cube, crushed to powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg 

Place the ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and egg in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until evenly combined. This makes 4 small burger patties, you can divide them, form them into balls and flatten them out to form patties. You can let this rest into 

It is better to use the topside cut of meat and have it grinded as it has little fat. You can ensure a tender and more flavorful beef burgers. Topside is the recommended mince for making beef burgers as it contains the right amount of fat. The egg acts as a binding ingredient it holds the minced beef together while cooking.

http://www.codicotebutchers.com 

Making the Burger:
1 toasted burger buns
burger patty
1-2 tomato slices
1-2 onion rings
iceberg lettuce
cheese slice or spread
mustard
mayonnaise


I stumbled upon this picture on the net, It gives you an idea how you can layer your BLT burger
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugecool/5660865590/ 


Oooh la la
Prepare your BLT burger bite






Here is another recipe idea for those extra tomato and lettuce.


No comments:

Post a Comment