Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pesto Buttered Porkchops

Pesto Buttered Porkchops
I almost always start with a little backgrounder with all my posts, I cook and blog mostly because of my cravings. But this time around, the reason was because I owe somebody a huge favor. This person is quite special to get something back. Also, we both have the same restaurant in mind when we talk about this recipe. Brown Cup, is one of the few Italian restaurants serving pesto buttered porkchops. Brown Cup is located at Skyrise 1 Building, IT Park, Lahug Cebu City Philippines. 

IT PARK is not only a business district but is also known for places to eat and
hang out after a hard days work. I used to work for one of the companies in IT Park, pesto buttered porkchop was just one elevator ride for me; now, this would mean one taxi ride to this restaurant. I posted the recipe of basil pesto here, and I promised to post some of the uses aside from spreading it to bread. So here is one =). Enjoy!

Pesto Buttered Porkchops

Ingredients:
Servings: 2
3/4 lb boneless pork chop
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 tablespoons  olive oil 
1-2 tablespoon butter
salt and pepper
Directions:

Put flour, salt and pepper on a plate and combine.Dredge both sides of pork chops in flour, and shake off any excess. Pour olive oil on the skillet and preheat on medium-high.
4 Add the chops and brown on each side for two minutes.
5 After they are browned, add butter and spread the pesto sauce over the chops and put lid on the skillet.
6 Continue cooking for an additional two minutes or until they reach 160 degrees.
7 The chops will be juicy and not dried out.


4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the recipe..i have been trying to copy it with not much of luck..i loved eating this when I was still working in cebu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe! I miss my Cebu days and Brown Cup IT Park was one of my favorite go-to place for comfort food - pesto butter pork chop and blueberry cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the only thing we order whenever we eat at Brown Cup. I miss it... I miss Cebu 💔 Thanks for bringing back good memories with this recipe ❤️

    ReplyDelete