Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pad Thai

  

Sawadee Ka! (สวัสดี)
So, my taste buds have been a bit adventurous, they were craving for something that shouts Thailand! My head and my heart was asking for some Pad Thai; nothing more and nothing less. I first tasted this dish when I've had a visit in Lexington, KY. We ate at this place called Planet Thai where you can get Thai food with a fusion of western influences and leave smelling like Thai spice when you go home too (It's like you've never left Planet Thai). Don't get me wrong their food was great!
;~D

I have dined in a couple of restaurants here in Cebu and I didn't enjoy their pad thai. There was always something off; It's either the sauce was runny, there weren't enough pieces of shrimp or I don't see the peanuts (ahahahaha). I mean, I just want to get value for my money. Wouldn't you want the same?
Oh well! Better cook it yourself, your way. I've shared the recipe below.


Main Ingredients:



Sauce Ingredients: 
1/3 cup fish sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp water
 
Simmer sauce ingredients first and set aside.

Pad Thai Instructions:
  • In a large wok sautee minced garlic, minced onions, sliced chicken breast until chicken is cooked. 
  • Add in tofu then add 2 eggs (let white part set in a bit before scrambling the eggs)
  • Turn off heat until rice noodles is ready. (cook rice noodles per package directions)
  • Drain rice noodles. 
  • Add pad thai sauce to wok. Add in drained rice noodles. Add garlic chives, add shrimps. Stir-fry until all ingredients are covered with sauce. Continue stirring until sauces starts running dry. Turn off heat. 
  • Toss bean sprouts and chopped roasted peanuts
  • Plate and add lime wedges for garnish. 
  • Serve while it is still hot. Enjoy!
Kin-Khao-Hai-A-Roi-Na

No comments:

Post a Comment