Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tortino al Cioccolato Caldo su Creme Anglaise



I have to admit I didn't think that mangoes would compliment the chocolate lava cake. The recipe was from "thefatkidinside" himself, Erwan Heussaff -- Hahahaha wish we were that close but I am just a mere follower of his wordpress blog. Did a few tweaks here and there on the ingredients-- sans the peppered chocolate (just plain dark chocolate for Ava) and the raspberries. My little girl kept on calling it Ava's lava; a pretty catchy name. I exponentially made his recipe to cater to a number of people in my family. They all liked it! esp. that oozing bittersweet chocolate inside. The yellowish cream is Anglaise, that tastes like melted custard with a hint of cashew flavor.This by the ways is served while hot! An alternate compliment to the cake is vanilla ice cream drizzled with melted dark chocolate.

So, is there a proper way to eat this stuff??? Hell yeah! Here is where the merriment of flavors happen... 
Fork the tortino al cioccolato caldo, scrape a bit of the creme anglaise and leave a bit of room for the mango and eat that in one bite- delish!

I made this on the 4th of July not because I wanted to celebrate Independence day together with the American's but it calls for a far more special celebration; it's my late grandmother's birthday.
Happy Birthday Lola Bebe!

recipe resource: [http://thefatkidinside.com]

3 comments:

  1. Nice one Aura Mae! I'm glad to see your blogs na. Make it frequent. Please bring your DIY frugal gourmet here. Hhhmmn...also the fitness regimen tips. Ironic combination he hee hee. Seriously, more of practical fashion pull-ups and fab world of mummying and stuffs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Another mouth-watering masterpiece from the gorgeous chef... nice presentation and color combi - yellow and choco brown! Pwede pa free-taste? LOL ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I read your comments just today mommies =) I guess I am just learning the ropes of the site and blogging per se. I just be asking both of you blogger moms on how to make this easy... Keep blogging =)

    ReplyDelete